Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter 2012 aka My Birthday

I have to admit, Easter is my least favorite holiday.  It has been since I was a little girl.  I think in part it has to do with the fact that every few years my birthday falls on Easter.  In general I don't ever "celebrate" my birthday, but I was excited this year to celebrate with my family since we'd all be gathered for Easter anyways.  I always host Easter at our house.  Much like Thanksgiving it's great to be able to have both my parents over to see all our kids at one time.  Anyways,  I normally do a big dinner, much like I do in the fall, but this year I delegated and I chose an easy entree.
For Easter/Birthday dinner, I made Paula Deen's Company Pasta, only with chicken since I'm allergic to shrimp.  It's very easy and is delicious!  I had made it once before just for our family to try it out, but it's always more complicated when you start enlarging a recipe. Anyways, here's the link if you'd like to try it at home.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/company-shrimp-and-mushroom-pasta-recipe/index.html

We were blessed to have so much of our family and friends to celebrate the day with us.  Here are some pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment