Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Time is a flying!

I haven't posted in a couple of weeks and I've actually really missed it.  I have some pictures that still need to be downloaded, but as for now this will just have to be a written update.

We have just under 3 weeks before our final home visit.  The room is coming along very well.  I still need to get the last coat of paint on the trim, but otherwise there's carpet, bedding on order and some wall decor and a new toy bin!  I am still very nervous and very excited about the coming changes.  They are changes that will affect our family and changes that will affect me in ways I only know will be profound.  I am praying for wisdom, strength, guidance, and peace.  God will take care of us as we take care of his children.

In the last couple of weeks I've started yoga class.  I had tried Zumba a couple of times and that's way fun and high energy.  I wasn't sure if I'd like yoga; it's the exact opposite.  Turns out that I really do though.  The quiet tempo and non-competition are actually very enjoyable.  It makes me slow down and breathe.  Sometimes I need that force to make me slow down.  I am about to add some weight training to my exercise regime.  It's so important to me to eat right, exercise, and really take care of myself so that I can have the best quality of life for as long as possible.  I also get a great sense of accomplishment out of it.

The boys just started karate.  We've talked for years about enrolling them but with my schedule and their parents schedules it's been impossible.  We finally stumbled upon a program where we could enroll them. Better late than never!  They are both doing very well thus far and I am very proud of them.  I took a few snapshots of the class the other day, I'll have to upload those later.  I understand they'll be doing basketball this fall and M is planning to take guitar lessons too!  Gonna be some busy kids!  I'm so glad to see them starting to show some interests in extracurricular activities - particularly sports and music!




I also took some time out to bake some pumpkin goodies the other day.  Muffins and pumpkin walnut bread. Both were pretty and tasty.  I think this "cool" nip we've had in the air has really put me in the mood for fall and all those savory flavors :)


Last but not least I changed my hair - again!  The blonde was fun for summer, but now I'm back to the long dark hair, actually very near what was once my natural color!  It's got alot of layering in it and I really like it.  I was also glad to be rid of all the damaged parts.  I feel more confident already!

No comments:

Post a Comment