Wednesday, January 20, 2016

To Angie Bridell

The world lost a bright light today. Your light.  I have been stunned all day at the news and even now am at such a loss as to what to do with this....

Oh, Sweet Girl, our time together was limited.  I enjoyed working with you at the restaurant so much.  I enjoyed watching you go through classes and study and then to graduate! Oh happy days!  You studied so much and physically worked so hard to make your goal of becoming a police officer!  I was so happy for you and excited, and a little sad to lose you at work, when you made the force.  But I was also so proud of you and so thankful that you, my friend, would be our city's protector.

You were such a spit-fire.  Tough as nails, but with a heart in the right spot.  I knew you would do well in the force, because you care about people - and about stopping what is wrong in the world.  I still giggle when I think about your exit from our restaurant - telling the manager on duty to suck it because you were a cop now...

So you went your way, and I went mine, and our brief intersection was gone.  We were just facebook friends now with the occasional personal message exchange.

I saw you get married.  I saw your beautiful, young happy face marry the man who you loved.  I saw the pictures you posted of your lives together.  I would look and say I know her and I'm so glad she's happy.

And then, all too recently, I saw your posts of sadness, of loss, of darkness.  And my heart ached for you at the loss of your husband.  And I shed tears for your loss in private. And I reached out to you the only way I knew to - with a facebook message to say I'm thinking of you and be tough - that tough girl that I know.  Every time I saw your posts of aching empty heart, I prayed for you and I wished you strength...

Today I see you've left us.  I'm so sorry for your loss, Sweet Woman.  I am sorry I didn't stay closer to you.  I am sorry for the fierce warrior this world lost.  I am sorry for your friends and your family.  I am sorry for your sweet husband who I'm sure would not have wanted this for you.  I will miss you and I will miss seeing your posts of what the future would hold for you....  I will miss knowing you are working the streets and keeping us safe.  The world will miss you because there are not enough like you.  Fly high, Angie.  Rest in Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment