Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween fun 2011

Halloween is kind of a big deal at our house.  It was never something big when I was growing up, but as an adult and particularly with the guidance of my Hubby, I have now embraced it completely.  It is the one holiday of the year that you can choose who you want to spend it with and not feel alot of pressure.  Besides, who doesn't like to play dress up on occasion! Here are some pics of our pumpkin carving.





We had some dear friends marry over the Halloween weekend.  I have known the groom for well over a decade and his bride came into our lives several years ago.  In keeping with the festivities, they had a pirate wedding!  It was so awesome and was quite tastefully done.  I particularly enjoyed seeing all our old friends that we don't get to see nearly as often as we'd like.  It seems life and children have slowed the number of gatherings we're able to all keep.  Here are a few of the pics, but I'll post more on facebook later.




Then there was the actual trick or treating.  C was a Zombie with homemade costume and realistic make-up done by my sis (who apparently has a gift for creating zombies...), M was a scary clown (as if clowns aren't scary enough), my niece P was exactly what you'd expect - a Princess.  Hubby and I went as Jack and Sally from Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas.
Nonna came to see everyone on Halloween!

Princesses like PB&J! 





upside down waiting on the keys to get inside!








No comments:

Post a Comment