Friday, May 4, 2012

May the 4th be with you

So that's my dork card for the day - May the 4th be with you!

With two girls, two boys, a hubby, a house, and a job I never get to blog anymore.  Here's a quick update on what's happening.

We were able to attend Art Connection last Sunday in Linn Park.  It's an annual event that I just LOVE!  I wait for it every year!  Hubby and I took the girls in our newly acquired double stroller.  It was a really beautiful day and we enjoyed the time we had looking at artwork and enjoying live performances.  Our boys weren't with us that weekend so we got them each a little prize.  Our oldest got a bookmark made from woven cloth that has a durable painted finish.  The younger got a T-shirt with a dancing skeleton money on it; a replica of a 3D art piece we saw in that artist's booth.

We attempted to get Baby J's 1mth checkup on Monday 4/30, but due to some paperwork issues we were turned away and rescheduled for Wednesday 5/2.  All turned out well because the Dr. Buckingham is AWESOME!  She really seems to care about her patients and even went so far as to give a follow-up call to me yesterday checking on Baby J's reaction to the new formula we're trying.  The new formula smells terrible... Baby J has gained a couple of pounds and is up to 8lb 12 oz.  She hasn't grown any in length and is holding at 19".  She's very sweet but is still having some issues.  She is sleeping a little longer at night and that is always a blessing.

We had our worker visits for May on Tuesday. Baby Girl's worker surprised me when she told me she was going to file the TPR paperwork! She said that there are still a couple of hurdles, but that she believes they are more formality than not. She's filing TPR concurrently just so we can expedite as much as possible. Her last words of course were, "but nothing's final til it's final." Every step closer to making Baby Girl ours makes me breathe a little easier.  She is our daughter and we love her so very much! I just want the paperwork done!  I know it's all moving VERY fast for what's typical of the system, but I want it done now :)

Tonight we're having a BBQ with friends.  I'm so excited!  It's the first BBQ of the season and we're sharing it with some of our closest friends.  We are so thankful for the love and support we have from these folks!




 Tomorrow is We Love Homewood Day!!  This is another event I wait all year for!  This year our boys are IN the parade with their karate group!  I'm very excited about it.  It's an all day affair in the community with like a carnival in the park in the morning, the parade in the evening, and it culminates with a dance in the street!  This is my "1950's date" with my husband each year.  I love it.  I love that we'll get to have all of our children with us this year.  I love that we're able to do this for the first time with our girls this year.  How a year can change our lives.



I love my life.  I love my husband.  I love my boys. I love these girls.  I am so very blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment