Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Busy week with a rapidly changing Baby Girl

Wow! December has flown by and especially the last week. Baby Girl's birthday bash was on Sunday 16th and we had a great turn out of friends and family! We had 50-60 people and I think she enjoyed it very much! I have never seen a baby enjoy cake like my little one does - stuffing it in with both hands! I enjoyed catering her party and even making her 3-tiered cake!
On Monday 17th our Baby Girl began truly walking! Up until this point she'd been taking a step here and there, but now, we're off to the races! I'm so proud of the big girl she's becoming but I'm also struggling with missing my precious, tiny baby. It wasn't even a year ago she came home so tiny at 4lbs and now she's wearing 24mth sized clothes and walking! Sometimes I really just want to hold her close, but she seems to be on the constant move.
I did get just a little time to hold my sweet baby again this week. I count it as one of many Christmas gifts from God. On the night of the 20th Baby Girl wasn't sleeping well. Maybe her legs hurt from walking, maybe she was over stimulated from yet another Christmas party, I'm really not sure what was wrong. I do know at 3am she cried and would not lay back down. She insisted that I pick her up and hold her. Not only did I hold her, but I was able to cradle her in my arms like the tiny baby I held a year ago. She lay in my arms awake looking into my eyes and holding me by the shirt tightly for over an hour before her sweet, tired eyes closed. I sat not moving and enjoying the moment well past her sleeping. Prayers of thanks I whispered to God for my Baby and our moment. While holding her it crossed my heart, maybe she's missing me too while striving for her independence.
On Saturday 22nd we celebrated her birthday. Her actual birthday. I wasn't there for the first one, but another December 22nd will not pass without celebrating my girl. I found my thoughts wondering to her birth mom and I whispered thanks again that she'd left our Baby somewhere safe instead of other alternatives; I also whispered a thank you from my heart for giving me my greatest, heart-filling joy. We had cupcakes with Big Sister on the afternoon of 12/22, a fitting birthday I thought with yet another balloon because she loves them so! We had lunch at Chik-fil-a and that girl loved the classic fried chicken sandwich! All in all it was a wonderful day.
Christmas Eve was busy but ended nicely and Christmas day brought gifts from Santa for our daughter's first Christmas. She was excited about her play kitchen, hippo, Elmo, tunnel, and all the toys she received. She was also very happy to have her brother's home again on Christmas Day. Her Dad and I were very happy and content to have all three of our children home.
I can't believe this coming Sunday 30th will mark the one year anniversary of her homecoming. What a year it's been. I love her with all my heart and I am so thankful for the way she has filled my heart and our home with joy abounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment