Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Party Planning

I am up and blogging at 5:45am on a Wednesday morning, a day off I might add.  I've been up for well over an hour.  I seem to be having anxiety about this weekend's festivities.  I am SUPER EXCITED to celebrate my Baby Girl's first birthday!  There have been many times throughout this year that I didn't know if we'd get to this point.  She is an amazing little person who truly fills the hole in my mother's heart.  Even knowing that and having the best intention and the correct perspective though, I'm nervous.
This has been such a trying year full of the unexpected that Chris and I have invited basically everyone we know to come celebrate our daughter with us.  That means that we've invited over 100 people by the time you include all of our friend's children.  While not everyone can or will attend, we are still expecting quite a large turn out.  Just our family and extended family will be over 30 people.  I bet we end up with somewhere between 60-75 guests.  Here in lays my anxiety.
I am anxious because I've never hosted, much less catered, an event of this magnitude.  I chose to do all of the food myself.  It's a challenge, but it's definitely more cost effective than the alternative.  It's a fairly simple menu of light appetizers and a massive cake.  I am currently having dreams and thus anxiety about my ability to pull this off.  I know I can do it and I feel organization is the key. I really hope I'm right.
Today, Wednesday, we will be finalizing all the grocery and decoration shopping.  I'm also hoping to assemble the goodie bags for the children this afternoon.  I also have a small visual project that I'd like to knock out today.  I must remain focused, organized, and confidant.  I am thankful for a supportive husband right now, because I expect he'll be soothing a crazy person by this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment