Sunday, December 9, 2012

First Christmas

Today was great! I was blessed with spending time with my dad's side of the family. Every year there's a big shindig and this year it was at my Uncle's new lake house. Wow was that a beautiful home and piece of property! It was filled with home cooked food by my grandmother and her sisters. I know how blessed I am to have my grandmother; she's wonderful and amazing. All of our family is warm, inviting, and very loving. They all loved on and made over our Baby Girl and missed our boys who couldn't come since it wasn't our weekend. Baby Girl enjoyed watching the water, the fish (which incidentally was a huge wide mouth bass my cousin caught), the dog, and of course she loved the food!! It was great to have an uninterrupted afternoon, with no cell phones, to be able to enjoy the company of others. I wish that happened more often. Maybe some incorporation of that should follow me to the new year? Anyways, hubby and I had a wonderful time and I just felt very lucky while we were there. Sometimes we don't feel like we have much of a family, but today, today we were not alone. It felt nice. Merry Christmas, y'all. Tis the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment