Sunday, April 28, 2013

Walk Me Home 2013

Yesterday I ran my second 5k. It was the Walk Me Home 2013 5k supporting foster care in the greater Birmingham area. It was great! This event is part of a national awareness and in 2012 was the largest event nationally. While that's exciting, it's also sad because there's just not enough recognition. Anyways, for me it was wonderful! I brought Baby Girl with me and Sabrina came to watch her while I ran. I ran the course at Veterans park and met my time goal! Then, Baby Girl and I put the blue ribbon symbolizing foster care on the tree together. She is my forever love, but I was thinking of Baby J too. Those two girls have forever changed our lives and I'm so thankful that we chose to walk this path. I thought of my husband too; without his openness, love, and support none of this would be. It was a beautiful morning, filled with a good cause, a good friend, and the Loves of my Life.
My time was 35minutes; down from 42minutes in February. I'm getting faster, stronger, and most definitely leaner.
Next week is the Homewood Spirit Scamper; I'm hoping to drop my time even a little more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment